HouseAboutit Community and Economic Development Agency is a community-based 501(c)(3) non-profit agency with a history of improving the quality of life for low-income, under resourced and underserved communities.
For over 14 years, HouseAboutit has been able to make a difference in small rural communities where others have failed. HouseAboutit provides rural Arkansas and the Delta Region with a means of education, workforce, technical assistance, community revitalization, and economic empowerment through community improvement. HouseAboutit fully believes the words of an old proverb that reads: “If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. However, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.” As a result, we develop a customized system to service communities while also providing them with the resources to thrive for many years. With our knowledge, commerce, city government, and partnerships from corporations, HouseAboutit offers a package that is unmatched by any other community and economic development firm.
To bring positive change by educating, restoring, building, and revitalizing small communities in Rural Arkansas and the Delta region.
- Enhance existing services in small communities through education, workforce development, technical assistance, consultation, grant writing, and economic empowerment.
- Improve local communities’ knowledge and capabilities in navigating existing systems by serving as an intermediary with local, state, regional, and national organizations providing community asset mapping, community needs assessment, and helping communities establish collaborative relationships.
- Provide state-level advocacy and network development for small communities.
- Provide training and technical assistance in leadership development, organizational development, program development, revenue development strategies, and community engagement to city officials to ensure the long-term sustainability of the local community.
Meet the Chief Executive Director
Winthrop Rockefeller 40 Years, 40 Leaders
Board of Directors
- Dayton Cannady, Board President
- Sherrie Phillips, Board Vice-President
- Sharron Mims, Secretary/Treasurer
- Evelyn Jones, Member
- Michelle Hood, Member
Board of Advisors
- Reginald Rogers
- Dorothy Singleton
- Mayor Harry Brown
- Linda Turner-Crain, HR/Operations
- Mary Lou Louviere, Self Help Housing Program-Family Recruiter/Specialist/Bookkeeper
- Joe Farmer, Self-Help Housing Construction Supervisor
- Ethel Washington, Admin
- Teddi Johnson, After School Junior Master Plan
- Dr. Rhonda Forte- McTyer, After School Junior Master Plan